In January, we launched a bold challenge – the Grow Your Art Challenge. It's the kind of challenge with great potential to change you, because it's the kind where you can fail. And failing is okay, because chances are, you're not the only one failing. And failing together shows us how failure is temporary–a necessary step on a long-view journey towards our vision.
The challenge is to set an art goal for 2014, evaluate that goal and make sure it is doable, then share that goal with a community that will hold you accountable.
You may have chimed in and shared your vision with us in January. You may have hatched it in your heart and kept it to yourself. I encourage you to join the list of makers who are taking this challenge together;
- 12 creations from Jennifer (and a blog tracking them)
- 12 portraits as part of The Women series from Julie
- 1 new record from Brook (whose sounds you can track on Soundcloud)
- 1 umbrella-themed woven transparency from Karen
- 3 new paintings from Brett
- 3 photography projects and 2 short films from Jack
- 6 short stories from Omar
- 3 photography projects from Rebecca
Each month we are checking in on our progress and keeping one another accountable. Perhaps we can even help each other reach our goals.
Four Questions to Take Stock
In the comments below, please answer theses four questions about your progress.
- What have you made for the Challenge since last month?
- Is there something you can show us?
- What is the biggest challenge you are facing now?
- How can we help you move forward?
* photo courtesy of Unsplash.com